The Mall of America in Bloomington, south Minneapolis is a shopping paradise with hundreds of stores, from little boutiques to huge department stores. You can spend a few dollars on pocket-money treats, up to thousands on designer handbags.
Love it or loathe it, it's the biggest mall in the nation and it's right here in the Twin Cities. The Mall of America is the biggest tourist attraction in Minnesota and one of the first things out-of-state people think of when they think of Minneapolis. Tourists fly in from all around the country, and from across the world, to shop at MOA.
And lucky us, all we need to do is drive across town, or take the Light Rail to MOA.
As well as all the shops and stores, there's lot's more to do at the Mega Mall.
- Nickelodeon Universe theme park. The biggest indoor theme park in the USA. Formerly The Park at MOA. Formerly Formerly Camp Snoopy.
- Sea Life Minnesota Aquarium. Sharks! Sharks! Sharks! And that's just the ones who set the spendy admission fee.
- A 16-screen movie theater
- Moose Mountain Adventure miniature golf course
- LEGO Store and play area
- A.C.E.S. Flight Simulation and NASCAR Silicon Motor Speedway
- The Chapel of Love wedding chapel. And you thought it was just a temple to retail. 5000 couples have married at MOA in the last 15 years.
- The Walksport Mall Stars mall walking club
- Frequent events and appearances by celebrities and kid's characters.
There's restaurants, cafes, food stands and coffee shops to cater to every taste and budget. You'll never have to leave. Wait a minute - so that's their plan!