Buying a Christmas Tree
Farmer's markets sell local Minnesota-grown Christmas trees from Thanksgiving until Christmas.
- Minneapolis Farmer's Market, Lyndale Market, Saturdays
- Downtown St. Paul Farmer's Market, Daily
- Richfield Farmer's Market, Saturdays
Rum River and Hampton Hills Tree Farms have 21 tree lots around the Twin Cities metro area, selling locally grown trees.
Cutting your own Christmas Tree
Not only do you get a Minnesota-grown Christmas tree, you have all the fun of picking out your tree, sawing it down, and proudly driving it home. Here's where you can cut your own Christmas tree at farms in the Twin Cities.
Environmentally Friendly Christmas TreesThe Linden Hills Co-op, and the Seward Co-op, both in Minneapolis, and the Mississippi Market Co-op in St. Paul, sell sustainably grown Christmas trees.
- Sustainable Christmas Trees from Linden Hills Co-op
- Sustainable Christmas Trees from the Seward Co-op
- Sustainable Christmas Trees from the Mississippi Market Co-op
Mother Earth Gardens, also in Minneapolis, sells sustainable Christmas trees.