There are two Frank Lloyd Wright houses in Minneapolis, and two more in the Twin Cities. Parts of a fifth Frank Lloyd Wright house can be found in a Minneapolis museum.
- The Malcolm Willey House, 255 Bedford Street SE, Minneapolis
The Malcolm Willey house was built in 1938 in Prospect Park, Minneapolis. It is a modest, single family home, and is regarded by some as the prototype for Wright's notable Usonian style houses.
The house originally had a view of the Mississippi River, unfortunately blocked by the construction of the I-94 freeway in the 1960s.
The Willey House is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The house is privately owned. It was recently restored, and is occupied by its current owners. It is possible to tour the Malcolm Willey house - the owners hold occasional open house events, and you'll need to contact them via their website to receive notification of the next open house event.
- Frieda and Henry J. Neils House, 2801 Burnham Boulevard, Minneapolis
The Neils House is in west Minneapolis, overlooking Cedar Lake. This home is notable for the use of marble and stone walls, and aluminum window framing, unusual for a Wright house.
The house was built in 1950, in the Usonian style. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Neils House is privately owned and occupied by members of the Neils family. The house is not open for tours.
- The Paul Olfelt House, 2206 Parklands Lane, St. Louis Park
The house is privately owned and not open for tours.
- Fasbender Clinic Building, 801 Pine Street, Hastings
The Fasbender Clinic was constructed 1957-1959, and used as a medical clinic until 1966. It is located at the junction of Highway 55 and Pine Street in Hastings, and was added to the National Register of Historic Places to save it from being destroyed by construction of Highway 55.
The building is built using interesting and complicated polygonal shapes, and the style is that of Wright's "inward house" period. The roof is clad in copper, and extends almost to the ground.
The Fasbender Clinic building changed hands several times and is currently owned by Edward Jones Investments, and used as an investment and financial services office.
- Donald and Virginia Lovness Estate, 10121 83rd Street N, Stillwater
This home was built in 1957. It's a two-bedroom home, and a separate cottage, that sit on 20 acres of lakefront property. In 2010, the home, cottage and land was listed on the market for $2.4 million.
The house is privately owned, and not open to the public.
- Francis Little House, (Originally Deephaven, no Longer at Original Location)
Francis Little commissioned a summer home at Deephaven, overlooking Lake Minnetonka, in 1908. The house was not built until 1914, but the large home was one of Frank Lloyd Wright's great prairie-style residences. The family of the original owner lived in the home for many years, but in the face of rising property taxes, tried to sell the large house in 1972. No local buyer wanted to purchase it, but a group of Frank Lloyd Wright enthusiasts contacted the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, who agreed to buy the house. Much of the Little House was dismantled, shipped, and reinstalled at the Metropolitan in New York. The library of the Little House is in the Allentown Art Museum in Pennsylvania. Some of the house remains in Minnesota; the Minneapolis Institute of Arts purchased the house's hallways and installed it in one of their galleries.