If you love biking in Minneapolis, you have lots of company. Where to buy a bike in Minneapolis, where to ride in Minneapolis, where the trails are, where to get your bicycle serviced, how to find cycling groups, what to do if your bike is stolen, and more - resources for cyclists in the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Bike Trails and Bike PathsMinneapolis has a very good network of trails and bike paths criss-crossing much of the city.
St. Paul doesn't have as many off-road bike paths as Minneapolis, but has a fair number of bike lanes and bike paths.
Here's a map of bikeways in the Twin Cities metro area. Trails link most cities, lakes, and offer rides through many beautiful scenic area.
Need buddies to go riding with? Here's a list of bike clubs who organize rides in the summer... and winter too, for hardy souls.
- Twin Cities Bicycling Club is the largest in the Twin Cities, with rides for all levels.
- Minnesota Off Road Cyclists organizes rides for mountain bikers.
- Meetup Bike Clubs organize mountain bike and road rides in the Twin Cities.
- Erik's Bike Club, run by local chain Erik's bike Shop, organizes weekly rides and races.
- Freewheel Bike has weekly rides for moderate and advanced riders.
- Maple Grove Cycling has several weekly rides for all levels.
- Penn Cycle organizes a couple of weekly group rides.
- Ramsey Bicycles has a couple of weekly rides, suitable for beginners and up.
Easy Rides around Twin Cities LakesAre you a new rider, riding with children, or towing a tag-a-long or a trailer?
The easiest, and some of the most attractive rides in the Twin Cities circle our beautiful lakes.
Urban lakes have much more than water to see: here's photo tours of some easy rides around lakes in Minneapolis and St. Paul, and what sights to look out for as you ride.
Bike TheftA serious problem in Minneapolis, and in the Twin Cities. Thousands of bikes are stolen every year in the metro area.
What to do if your bike is stolen in Minneapolis: report your bike stolen at a police department or by calling 311, or make a police report of the theft online.
In other cities across the Twin Cities metro area: call the local police department to report the theft.
Cycling Events and FestivalsThe annual Minnesota Bike Festival has rides, displays and demonstations, children's activities, and an expo with the latest bike gear. The Minnesota Bike Festival is held in Minneapolis and St. Paul in June.
The annual Bicycle Film Fest, one of several related international events, has bicycle films, parties, races, and plenty of bike-related fun in Minneapolis is July.