The Superbowl XLVIII is Sunday February 2 in 2014. The game starts at 4.30 pm Central time. Here's where to find Superbowl watching events, and Superbowl parties in Minneapolis and St. Paul.
Of course, you can bet that your neighborhood bar or restaurant with a TV will be showing the Superbowl. What if you want to try a different venue to watch the Superbowl? Here's some bars, restaurants and venues with Superbowl watching parties, food and drink specials, and post-game entertainment.
- The Nomad World Pub, They love sports and good beer. Enough said. 501 Cedar Avenue, Minneapolis.
- Keirans, a big Irish bar with plenty of seating, good food and a fun atmosphere. Downtown Minneapolis.
- Grumpy's Bar and Grill, downtown Minneapolis, uptown Minneapolis, Roseville.
- O'Gara's, 164 Snelling Avenue N, St. Paul. A welcoming sports fan-friendly bar.
- Buffalo Wild Wings. Sure, it's a a chain, but it's based in Minneapolis, and there's probably one of the 15 metro area Buffalo Wild Wings sports bars near you.
- Billy's On Grand, 857 Grand Avenue, St. Paul. Grand Avenue's go-to place for sports on the big screen TV. Specials on food and drink.
- The Loon Cafe, 500 1st Avenue N, Minneapolis. A busy sports bar in downtown Minneapolis.
- Famous Dave's, Roseville, Uptown Minneapolis, Woodbury, Highland Park St. Paul, Mall of America. This locally grown barbecue chain will be showing the game. The Calhoun location - Famous Dave's Barbecue and Blues Club - prefaces the game with their carnivorous blues brunch, and their Superbowl party starts at 3pm.
- The Chatterbox Pub, St. Paul, Minneapolis, Linden Hills. All three locations have plenty of televisions, great beer choices and food, plus video games and board games to play while you are waiting for the game to start.
- The Herkeimer, 2922 Lyndale Avenue, Minneapolis. The Herkimer brews their own beer (which is delicious) and gets out their big screen for the big game.
- Liquor Lyle's, 2012 Hennepin Avenue. Lyle's shows all the games and the Superbowl is no exception. This dive bar has a vast selection of domestic and import beer, plus tasty bar food.
- Rail Station, 3675 Minnehaha Avenue. The Superbowl party has happy hour prices on drinks throughout the game, jello shots, games and prizes, including $100 for guessing the wining team, and a $100 gift card for the best dressed football fan.
And a final note for anyone visiting Minnesota, or for those who are new to the state: Minnesota liquor law prohibit alcohol sales on Sundays, so be sure to stock up on beverages the day before the event, or head to Wisconsin to pick up your Superbowl beer!