Neighborhoods of Minneapolis and St. Paul, and Suburbs of the Twin Cities
By Clara James
- Downtown Minneapolis
- Linden Hills
- Uptown Minneapolis
- St. Paul Neighborhoods
- Downtown St. Paul
- Como Park
- Grand Avenue
- Merriam Park
- Summit Hill
- Suburbs in the Twin Cities Metro Area
- Getting About Town - Driving and Public Transit
Downtown Minneapolis is Minneapolis' business district, has a major arts and entertainment district, and has historic ruins and attractions.
- All About Downtown Minneapolis
- Photo Gallery of Downtown Minneapolis
- Downtown Minneapolis Skyways
- Downtown Minneapolis' History at the Mill City Museum
- Live Music Venue First Avenue
- The Guthrie Theater
- French Beauty Parlor Salon Rouge
- Getting to Downtown Minneapolis: Light Rail
Dinkytown is the area surrounding the University of Minneapolis' east bank campus, and as such, is packed with student-friendly businesses and housing.
- The Varsity Theater Music Venue
- The Purple Onion Coffee Shop
- Axis Body Piercing
- The Refinery Salon and Spa
Linden Hills is a neighborhood southwest Minneapolis, surrounded by lakes and containing several unique independent businesses.
Longfellow is a south east neighborhood on Minneapolis, on the bank of the Mississippi River.
- Longfellow Neighborhood Profile
- Bars and Cafes in Longfellow
- Minnehaha Park and Minnehaha Falls
- Public Transit in Longfellow: Light Rail
Seward is a liberal neighborhood in south Minneapolis.
Uptown Minneapolis is one of Minneapolis' most fashionable neighborhoods with lots to do, lots of places to shop, and eat out.
Whittier is a historically deprived neighborhood which is currently undergoing revitalization and is becoming one of Minneapolis' more fashionable neighborhoods.
- Whittier Neighborhood Profile
- The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- Special Events at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts
- The Bad Waitress Restaurant
St. Paul Neighborhoods
St Paul is divided into seventeen neighborhoods. Here's a list of St. Paul's neighborhoods, and profiles of selected neighborhoods in St. Paul.
Downtown St. Paul
Downtown St. Paul is a major business district, and has some notable museums and a growing arts and entertainment scene.
- Downtown St. Paul Neighborhood Profile
- Downtown St. Paul Skyways
- The Science Museum of Minnesota
- The Minnesota Children's Museum
- Patrick McGovern's Irish Pub
- Great Waters Brewing Company
- The Downtowner Grill Restaurant
- Fun for Cars: The Downtowner Car Wash
- Restaurants and Bars Near the Xcel Energy Center
Como Park is a popular residential neighborhood in the northeast of St. Paul and is home to St. Paul's most popular attractions, Como Park and Como Zoo, and the Minnesota State Fair.
Grand Avenue is five miles of independent stores, restaurants, family home and chic apartments.
- Grand Avenue Neighborhood Profile
- International Restaurants on Grand Avenue
- Coffee, Treats and Ice Cream on Grand Avenue
- Coffee News Cafe
Merriam Park is St. Paul's oldest neighborhood and contains much of St. Paul's Victorian houses, together with independent businesses.
Summit Hill has always been one of St. Paul's grandest neighborhoods, and is home to St. Paul's Cathedral.
- Summit Hill Neighborhood Profile
- A Walking Tour of Summit Hill
- The Cathedral of St. Paul
- Nina's Coffee Cafe
Suburbs in the Twin Cities Metro Area
Over 3 million people live in diverse cities and communities across the Twin Cities metro area. Here's profiles of selected cities and suburbs of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
Getting About Town - Driving and Public Transit
How to ride the buses and trains in Minneapolis and St. Paul, and how to get a Minnesota drivers license, and register a vehicle in Minnesota.